Frequently Asked Questions
Florence’s Homestyle CHA-CHA is a sweet & spicy, vegetable-based green tomato relish that can be used as a condiment, ingredient, dipping sauce, and/or a marinade. Cha-Cha was traditionally used in Southern cuisine to enhance the flavor of cooked vegetables, meats and seafood! Our Cha-Cha recipe, passed down through our family for generations, is a versatile blend of green tomatoes, peppers, vegetables and spices. There are two varieties of Cha-Cha, a “Hot” version and a “Mild” version.
Heat is a difficult thing to describe. Florence's HomeStyle CHA-CHA "hot" is a medium hot sauce. Just a bit of "kick" that enhances, but does not burn the tongue.
Florence’s Homestyle Cha-Cha is a Gluten Free product.
There is no MSG added to Florence’s Homestyle CHA-CHA.
Mild Version - Green Tomatoes, Sugar, Yellow Onions, Filtered Water, Apple Cider Vinegar, Cabbage, Jalapeno Peppers, Serrano Peppers, Red Bell Peppers, Salt, Spices, Corn Starch.
Hot Version - Green Tomatoes, Sugar, Yellow Onions, Filtered Water, Apple Cider Vinegar, Cabbage, Jalapeno Peppers, Serrano Peppers, Red Bell Peppers, Salt, Spices, Corn Starch, Spice Extract.
Florence’s HomeStyle CHA-CHA adds a sweet zest and a spicy vigor to enhance the flavor of most foods. It can be used as a condiment, ingredient, dipping sauce, salad dressing, or marinade. Check out our website www.FlorencesHomeStyle.com for recipe suggestion.
Here are some examples of how you can use Florence’s HomeStyle Cha-Cha:
- As a condiment to cooked vegetables: Add to taste to greens, spinach, collards, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, purple hull peas, black-eyed peas, green beans, pinto beans, and great white northern beans.
- As a condiment to cooked meats: Add to taste to beef, fish, poultry and pork dishes, bratwurst, hot dogs and hamburgers.
- As an ingredient: Add to taste to cole slaw, tuna salad, potato salad, chicken salad, turkey salad and taco salads, cheese dips, fajitas, burritos, egg omelets, crepes, corn casseroles and egg rolls.
- As a dipping sauce: Serve with chicken wings, chicken tenders, tortilla chips and kabobs.
- As a salad dressing: Add as a garnish to garden salads, Caesar salads, cucumber salads, or tomato salads.
Twenty four months after production; shelf life date is located on the jar.
Florence Gunnels was a homemaker, wife, farmer, and a mother of twelve who shared her coveted recipes throughout the Morrilton, Arkansas and Conway County communities. She was very generous in sharing her Cha-Cha with her family and surrounding community. In the spirit with which she shared her recipe with her community, we have captured the essence of her Cha-Cha recipes to share with the world and generations to come.
In the early 1900’s, Florence Gunnels won many awards in her community for her coveted Cha-Cha recipes. Those recipes have been passed down through many generations. We have maintained the integrity of our family recipes to share with the world for generations to come.
Florence’s Homestyle, Inc. is a family owned and operated company specializing in the distribution of healthy and specialty condiments.